Have a question about Microblading?
Look through our FAQs below and if you still have a query, either use our contact form below or call us on 01244 421 022
Microblading is a manual technique of applying micropigmentation to the brows epidermis layer using a row of fine needles. It is a very precise art which can create fine hair like strokes, similar to our own natural eyebrows. Originally from Asia, it is now an extremely popular semi-permanent eyebrow procedure.
The microblading technique creates the appearance of human hairs on the eyebrow area, creating a very natural, realistic result. It can also add thickness, fullness and symmetry to your existing eyebrows and is advantageous to those who have little or no eyebrows. Microbladed eyebrows may also help you to defy age, by adding a lift to the brow. An eyebrow tattoo using microblading does not blur after healing when compared to permanent makeup applied by machine.
I assess your eyebrows and we then discuss your ideal look in relation to your facial features to create a brow area that is bespoke to you. You can bring an image of your desired eyebrows as guidance. A patch test is carried out, just behind your ear, to test that you don’t have any adverse effects towards the pigment itself. With no adverse reaction, an appointment for your treatment can then be made. I will also be more than happy to answer any questions you may have about the treatment.
It appears from many clients feedback, that microblading is more uncomfortable than painful. This will depend on an individuals’ pain threshold. Numbing cream is applied prior to the tattooing to help take away some of the discomfort.
The procedure takes up to 2 hours, including the application of the numbing cream, marking out of the eyebrows, the actual makeup procedure and aftercare information. You would then return for a follow up consultation / top up treatment, whereby I can assess how the pigment has taken and reapply where necessary.
The results of microblading can last anywhere from 11 to 18 months, depending on skin type and age. Your skincare routine will also affect the lasting effect of the pigment. The eyebrows will fade quicker if you tan or use products containing AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acid) or Glycolic Acid. Each individual’s colour retention within the skin will vary. To maintain fresh looking brows, touch ups are recommended between 6-18 months (depending on your skin type and routine).
Here is a quick overview of advice following the microblading process:
- To slow pigment fade it is best to avoid excessive exposure to UV rays and the sun. Use high factor sun protection or a moisturiser with a high SPF.
- Keep the area dry to allow the pigment to remain in the skin—avoid sweating if possible (try to put the gym on hold for at least 7 days) and be careful when cleansing the rest of your face.
- To keep your semi-permanent cosmetic procedure in perfect condition, it may be necessary to have a maintenance procedure from time to time. Top up session information can be found in the microblading prices.
- If you are planning to undergo an MRI scan, chemical peel or another similar procedure, please inform your doctor that you have had semi-permanent cosmetics.
Please note: Full microblading aftercare information shall be provided to you once the procedure has been completed.
Directly after your treatment, the area may look a little red, or very dark, due to the pigment on the skin. This is completely normal, so do not be alarmed, although it is advised that you don’t make any social plans that evening, to avoid feeling uncomfortable in company. This is at your own discretion of course.
Microblading is fine for most people but is not suitable if you:
- Are using Accutane
- Have a heart condition or are using heart medications
- Have diabetes (You will require a doctor’s note)
- Have epilepsy
- Have transmittable blood conditions like HIV or Hepatitis
- Have had Botox in the last month
- Have active skin cancer
- Have a deep tan or have had chemical peels in the last 2 weeks
- Are allergic to lidocaine, prilocaine, benzocaine, tetracaine or epinephrine
- Are pregnant or breastfeeding
Anyone who has any other serious medical conditions may require a Doctor’s note
I reserve the right to refuse service to anyone who is not suitable for this procedure or for any other reason. The decision to perform or refuse any treatment is based on my own discretion and is in the best interest of the client.
Microblading is a fabulous treatment for anybody; from those who wish to reconstruct their existing eyebrows, to those who want to add depth, longevity to the colour and remove the need to manually apply makeup each day.
The procedure particularly appeals to those who:
- Want to correct asymmetrical eyebrows
- Have thin or thinning eyebrows or who have lost the “tail” end of the brow
- Want to look younger
- Play sports on a regular basis
- Have poor eyesight
- Are sensitive to make-up
- Are tired of pencilling eyebrows every day
- Suffer from Alopecia, trichology matters or who have lost their eyebrows for other medical reasons
- Struggle to get the desired shape when plucking eyebrows or who simply aren’t happy with their look
Have more questions about how we work?
Fill out this form and we will reach out to you!